Pages

8.01.2012

Bridal Shower

First of all, moving with a labeling system worked like a charm. If you have the time to label things before you move, I would highly recommend it! We are happily moved into our new home and I am happily brainstorming new ways to decorate and accessorize our home. Check out the label moving idea HERE if you are looking to move in the near future.  

This summer has been filled with weddings, weddings and MORE WEDDINGS! My youngest sister (the last in the family to get married), as well as my husband's sister (his only sister) have had their weddings this summer. So it has been wedding bells and bliss all - summer - long!

I had the most fun helping with my sister's wedding. I planned a kitchen shower for her at a local bakery, The Chocolate, which was a big hit! We used the Blue Room for the much anticipated event. (word to the wise, the West Jordan location is not nearly as pretty on the outside as the Orem location - a little yard work is in order... or maybe a LOT of yard work. Thankfully the inside is tidy and charming!)


I tried to be creative with the favors and decor. Here is what I came up with:
  • I framed several pictures of scrapbook paper and phrases. This one was at the front of the room where people walked in. It says "Please Share Your 'Recipe' for a Happy Marriage." There were blank cards sitting out on the table with pens and an empty recipe holder to insert the cards once someone had written their recipe.
 
  •  I sat out another frame with a "Recipe for a Happy Marriage." There are a lot of variations of this online. I used the recipe from HERE.
  • As people left I had a frame with the phrase "Thanks for 'ROLLING' by to Celebrate With Us!" next to a rolling pin and a mason jar filled with small bags of Tootsie "Rolls" - clever, right?! 
  • Another great touch were these water bottles I covered with matching paper that I'd used in a few of the picture frames.  

Right behind the delicious brownies and cookies from the bakery most people commented and loved the pinwheels. I've made these for showers before. They are super easy to make and are always a hit. (see how to make them HERE).


The atmosphere was charming and pleasant. There was certainly no shortage of food... or gifts! What a fun opportunity to visit and share in this special time with bride-to-be!

1 comment: