Pages

3.15.2011

Honey Balsamic Chicken

My husband loves balsamic vinegar, so I thought I'd try it on chicken. Last time we went out to eat he ordered a dish called "Honey Balsamic Chicken." I thought I'd give it a try cooking it myself. It can't be that hard, right? Thank goodness I was right - this is so easy and oh, so yummy!



Honey Balsamic Chicken

1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 thawed chicken breasts (I buy mine in the 6-pack at Costco, 2 breasts sealed in each pack)
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup honey

Pound the chicken once thawed (I put mine in a sturdy Ziploc bag and pound it with an ice-cream scoop since I don't actually have a mallet. Resourceful, right!) Pour oil into frying pan and heat to medium. Cut chicken into serving sizes and add to pan. Drizzle balsamic vinegar evenly over the top of each piece of chicken then pour the honey over the top. Let it simmer for a couple minutes. Turn over each piece of chicken and add additional vinegar and honey to taste. Cook until completely cooked through, about 10-15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment