Pages

6.27.2011

4th of July Garland

That's right folks, it's time for another holiday garland idea. This one is not only super easy, it is super cute, too! I followed the tutorial I found here. The tutorial was a little difficult for me to follow, so I posted SEVERAL pictures for you to follow for those of you interested in trying it out.

Supplies you will need:

red/white/blue paper (one sheet for each star)
paper cutter (if you have one)
small hole punch
skinny ribbon
scissors
stapler
pencil
ruler

1. Start by cutting each piece of paper 6" x 11" and folding it in half. 2. Fold the paper two more times and crease.3. Unfold. Since I used card stock instead of stationary weight paper, it was difficult to crease well once folded three times. Instead, I folded enough to leave crease marks then once unfolded, creased each individual crease with my ruler to make a crisp crease. 4. Use your ruler to mark 1" from each end (close to the folded edge) and 3" in the middle where a staple will go to hold it together.5. Use your scissors to cut from the open corner of each end up to the 1" mark on the folded end.6. Once both ends are cut, use your stapler to staple along the 3" mark perpendicular to the folds.7. Fan out the star and staple together on each end. I stapled twice to make it more secure.8. Keep piling up your finished stars until you have enough to make garland.
9. Punch two holes in each star. String skinny ribbon through the left hole from the top of each star, behind and then out the hole on the right. Be sure to leave extra ribbon on each end of your finished garland to hang up.
Surprise! I also made matching stars to hang from the hutch doors. I punched just one hole at the top of each star and strung a loop of skinny ribbon through each hole.
*** Happy 4th of July! ***

No comments:

Post a Comment