Pages

2.28.2011

Jewelry

I was so excited to receive this canvas 80-pocket hanging jewelry organizer in the mail this past week. I ordered it online from The Storage Store. Now I can see all of my jewelry in one place rather than having all of my ear rings and bracelets strung across my room and bathroom.


For my necklaces and longer jewelry I covered a cork board to hang just inside my closet.
To make your own cork board jewelry organizer you will need:

a simple cork board
material to cover the board
glue
butter knife
ribbon
decorative pins (upholstery pins work well for a larger board)
tacks or pins to hang jewelry from

For this project, I used these pearl tip pins and clipped them shorter with wire cutters.

Cut the material just larger than the size needed to cover the cork board. Start along one side and tuck the material under the frame of the cork board with a butter knife until the material is completely tucked in around the entire cork board.

Measure along the sides of the board and make a small mark with a pencil where the ribbon should touch the edge of the board. Cut the ribbon to be the right lengths and put them over the board in place so it is crisscrossed like this:

Use the butter knife to tuck the edges of the ribbon under the frame and place a pin through the ribbon where it crosses. Place a bead of glue around the entire frame once finished to hold the material and ribbon in place (Tacky glue or Elmer's glue works fine).

Insert pins along the top of the board and hang your jewelry!

1 comment:

  1. What a cute blog Becky! I loved looking it over. I'm going to have to try this because my necklaces are a mess. Thanks for the idea, and thanks for having us over today!

    ReplyDelete