Pages

2.24.2011

Bed Pillows

Last fall we had a really nice bed spread and pillows on our bed that we got for our wedding. I decided we needed a more "baby-friendly" bed spread and pillows that could easily be thrown in the washer. I didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I purchased these DKNY pillowcases on clearance at Bed Bath and Beyond.

I really liked the ties on the side of the pillows. Unfortunately, the front pillow above did not come with these cute ties on BOTH sides...
It came like this (below). Since the pillowcases were such a bargain, I bought 3 extras (a total of 8). I used one of the extra pillows to cut off the solid colored side of the pillow with the ties and sew it to the end of another pillowcase to make a more symmetrical look for the front pillow.
And this is how it turned out:
I used the remainder of the cut pillowcase and the 2 extra pillowcases to place over pillows I already had to put by the window in our bedroom. The pillow covers came together nicely for just under $40.
Check out the clearance section of your favorite bedding store, you'll be surprised what you can find!!

No comments:

Post a Comment