Pages

8.08.2012

Book Theme Wedding

Because this has been the summer of weddings, I feel I need to share the details of these blissful events! My sister decided to have a book theme wedding since she and her new husband are both book lovers (a.k.a. really smart). It turned out so charming and had a really quaint, vintage, book-ish feel to it. For those of you out there wanting to plan a vintage book theme wedding of your own, here are a few ideas to get you started.

First of all, she chose blue, green and orange as her colors. I was a little skeptical at first, but it actually turned out really pretty! One of the most beautiful things to set the mood were gorgeous flowers!

She had several bookcases around the room decorated with bird cages, flowers, globes and books. She also stacked the cakes and food on top of old books.

 

My sister let me help her with a few projects! I decorated a couple hundred cupcakes (orange and blueberry to go along with the color scheme, and chocolate because let's face it, that's what everyone loves!) and about 150 chocolate cake pops - which were gone in about an hour. I'm pretty sure my little boy ate about half of them!


     Orange: lemon flavored cupcake, orange flavored frosting, white nonpareils sprinkles & a sugared candy orange wedge on top.
     Blueberry: white vanilla flavored cupcake baked with fresh blueberries, vanilla flavored frosting, white sugar crystal sprinkles & rinsed/dried fresh blueberries on top.
     Chocolate: triple chocolate cupcake, chocolate frosting, chocolate jimmy sprinkles and an Andes mint candy on top.
(to see in a more detail how I make cupcakes & frosting, look HERE).
 
 

At my sister's request, I hand-bound an original sign-in book from an old Webster's Biographical Dictionary (a dictionary for names of noteworthy persons with pronunciations and concise biographies - she's clever, right?). I had never bound a book before, but I loosely followed THIS TUTORIAL and it actually wasn't too difficult!
 

I also made bookmark favors for all of the guests - to continue the book theme of the evening. I used a letterpress from Lifestyle Crafts to cut out the bookmark holders, printed a quote (as well as the name of the bride and groom and their wedding date) on each of the bookmarks, added a small flower fastened with a decorative brad and tied a ribbon at the top.

What a wonderful evening!
Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment