Pages

4.04.2011

Mixed Nut Cupcakes

I made these cupcakes last weekend and they turned out so yummy!! So, I thought I'd share.


I baked the cupcakes - Betty Crocker Butter Pecan flavor - the night before and stored them overnight in the refrigerator.

The next morning I whipped up some frosting. I didn't use a recipe, I just mixed together a lot of butter, powdered sugar, a little half & half (or milk works fine) and my secret ingredient - almond extract.

I filled a frosting bag with a star tip and chopped some walnuts to sprinkle on top of each frosted cupcake.
The combination of nut flavors was delicious! Cupcakes are so versatile and fun to experiment with since you can make little mistakes and they still turn out beautiful and delicious. The possibilities are endless - so get the creative juices flowing and think of your own kind of cupcake to create!!

No comments:

Post a Comment